Catappa leaves are the best way to create a tropical rainforest environment for Betta & Gouramis with tannin that turns water black.
- ✔ GIVE A STRESS-FREE HOME TO YOUR BETTA — When fish are kept in a tannin-rich environment, they tend to grow stronger and heartier. By lowering pH, they provide ideal water conditions. These leaves are considered to have anti-inflammatory properties and are a rich source of antioxidants that decrease the
- risk of diseases.
- ✔ HAVE A BREEDING FISH? ADD CATAPPA — The tropical fishes create a bubble nest using a floating leaf or plant to anchor their bubbles. So if your tank has a breeding betta, tetra, guppy, gourami, platies, or molly, just add these leaves and see them laying their eggs over the nest. That is a sight to behold.
- ✔ BENEFITS FISH & SNAILS TOO — Blackwater has many advantages for fishes like tetra, discus, and goldfish. It is good for rasboras and many dwarf cichlids too. Apart from that, snail owners can benefit from the magical leaves. Giving your fish this environment calms them down and boosts immunity. It also helps accelerate their natural healing rate, prevents fishes from getting ill easily, imparts color to them, and makes their skin firmer. Blackwater also has anti-fungal properties.
- ✔ SMALLER LEAVES, EASIER PORTION CONTROL — Each packet contains 20 leaves, which is a great value for money. Smaller Catappa leaves make for easier portion control and a good way to slowly introduce tannin-rich water, especially for smaller fishes in smaller tanks. It turns the water black initially but gives natural water conditions to them.
- ✔ SAFE WAY TO ADD TANNINS TO WATER — Unlike bottled tannins-assimilator that may contain preservatives, chemicals, and even coloring, the Catappa leaves are organic and pesticide-free so you know what goes into your tank. Sterilize them before dropping a few leaves into the tank. To maintain optimal water quality, it is advisable to change the leaves monthly or during the water change.